2 Night / 3 Days
Arrive at Belihuloya
BELIHULOYA is a very picturesque little hamlet situated in the “Sabaragamuwa” province of Sri Lanka, approximately 160 km from Colombo. This beautiful hillside location is a climatically transitional area, linking both the dry and wet zones and the hill and low country at an altitude of less than 1500m. As a result, the vegetation consists of moist semi-evergreen forests, tropical savanna forests, dry patana grasslands and montane temperate forests, making it one of the richest bio-diversity spots in Sri Lanka- a perfect location for nature lovers.
The camp site at Belihuloya provides an ideal opportunity to experience camping in style! This is camping with a difference - the tents are very spacious, clean and modern, and guests are guaranteed a good night’s sleep on comfortable mattresses and listening to nature’s very own orchestra! The camp has easy access to the restaurant, toilets, shower and freshwater ‘al fresco’ bathing in the river.
The kinchigune nature trail
This diverse trail of approximately 6km begins at the River Garden Resort in Belihuloya, running alongside a riverine forest and the Belihuloya river itself. During the trail, you will venture through paddy fields, across rivers and past local village houses with their extensive vegetable plots. It is an ideal opportunity to learn a bit about the local agricultural systems and simple way of village living. Along the way, you will also witness several types of beautiful birds and butterflies and some charming waterfalls. The trail finishes where the Belihuloya river meets the Samanalawewa reservoir.
• Travel to Belihuloya in the morning.
• Arrive at the River Garden Resort in Belihuloya by noon.
• After a welcome drink, Nature trail to Kinchigune village.
• Picnic lunch during the Nature Trail.
• Dinner and overnight stay at the Sri Lankan Expeditions camp in Belihuloya.
Canoeing in samanalawewa
The still calm waters of the Samanalawewa reservoir are perfect for canoeing. Whether you want to take your time and go for a leisurely paddle for a couple of hours, perhaps venturing out to the mouth of the Belihuloya River or spend an entire day exploring the perimeter of the reservoir, you are sure to have an unforgettable experience. The surrounding mountains add to the idyllic setting of the reservoir. All groups will be supplied with an experienced guide and modern life jackets, and a proper orientation will be offered for those who are new to canoeing.
• After breakfast, canoeing at the Samanalawewa reservoir.
• Lunch at Sri Lankan Expeditions Camp in Belihuloya.
• Evening Mountain Biking.
• Go to Rivergarden resort in the evening for a bath in the Natural Rock pool in Belihuloya stream.
• B.B.Q. dinner and overnight stay at Belihuloya Camp site.
Departure from Belihuloya
• After breakfast departure back to Colombo.
To book/reserve please contact:
Tel: T/F : +94 11 2819457